Quench Your Skin: The Best Eminence Organic Skin Care Products for Dry Winter Skin on the Face
Is your skin feeling dull, dry and tight? Perhaps fine lines and wrinkles have suddenly become more obvious? Or maybe the dry air has caused your skin to be more sensitive. You are not alone. While most of us love to look at a beautiful snowy white blanket that envelopes the landscape during the winter season, we wouldn’t miss the cold temperatures, blustery winds and the effect it has on our skin. The moisture-sucking action of wind and higher thermostat settings wreak havoc on the complexion, but there are a few things you can do to soothe, protect and get rid of dry skin, including several Eminence Organic Skin Care products that are best-suited to help you in your winter skincare routine.
- Use a Humidifier: The heating systems we use to keep us snug as a bug in the winter severely dry out the air, resulting in important oils being stripped away, leading to itchy skin. Add moisture to the air to help soothe and calm irritated skin.
- Stop Taking Long Hot Showers and Baths: Hot temperatures wreak havoc on your skin's moisture barrier, preventing it from retaining the moisture it requires to stay soft and smooth. To keep skin protected, use warm water and once finished, moisturize from head to toe to keep skin hydrated.
- Moisturize: When looking for a moisturizer to care for your dry skin aim for a heavier one and look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid. It is the best ingredient to keep skin hydrated. Also look for products that contain shea butter and lactic acid, which provide added hydration and exfoliation.
- You Are What You Eat: The barrier properties of the skin’s outer layer limit the penetration of creams and serums. Enhance the effects of skincare products by adding healthy fats to your diet, such as Omega-3 and Omega-6. These natural oils support skin health, fight inflammation and enhance the skin’s moisture. You can add these fats to your diet by eating foods such as salmon, flaxseed and walnuts, or by taking high-quality supplements.
- Avoid Harsh Products: To protect your skin, avoid products that include chemical ingredients like parabens, petrolatum, mineral oils, propylene glycol or sodium lauryl sulfate.
Dry Skin Signs and Symptoms :
You can tell if your skin is dry by noticing the following:
- Your skin feels tight, especially after cleansing
- Your skin feels rough
- A dull, lacklustre appearance
- Your pores are small and barely visible
- Flaking, scaling or peeling skin
- Fine lines, particularly around the eyes and lips, or deep cracks form on your skin
- A tendency toward redness and itching
One of the best ways to tackle dry skin on your face is to consider adding a number of gentle products that replenish and repair, to your skincare routine. We recommend the following routine to heal and soothe dry skin.
Try adding an oil-based cleanser such as Eminence Organics Wildflower Cleansing Balm or Stone Crop Cleansing Oil to your winter skincare routine. This type of cleanser is beneficial for all skin types, including oily, as it replenishes the skin with powerful moisturizing ingredients. Use it alone or pair it with your favourite hydrating cream-based cleanser in a double cleanse.
To enhance your winter skincare routine even further, reach out to us for a complimentary skin consultation to discover a naturally nourishing Eminence Organics solution that is tailored to your skin type and goals—and reveal your healthiest, most radiant complexion.